State and Federal funding had been allocated to support the expansion of the Whyalla Airport terminal, improve the facilities, upgrade the runway and improve safety and security measures. A part of this project scope included the addition of new on-site back-up power.
- Being a regional location, and additionally a fully operational site throughout the redevelopment, a carefully coordinated and project managed approach was needed.
- Safety and security were of the highest importance prior to and during installation, as well as to support the ongoing operations
- PGS worked closely with the project team and local team to ensure the generator set and specifications fulfilled the needs of the airport both now and into the future
- Installed a 350kVA standby packaged generator unit with low noise emission
- An integrated team approach to support the redevelopment project, with reliable back-up power