The Department of Infrastructure and Transport planned to replace the Christies Downs Country Fire Service (CFS) Station, with an upgraded facility for the region, based in Noarlunga. This new station needed to enhance emergency response times to incidents and better support the southern suburbs.
- Ongoing need for the growing southern suburbs to boost their fire-response services
- The requirement for back-up power to support the site during traditional power-outages,
- The need for a robust generator system that could be relied on during critical points during bushfire season to support communication, as well as serving everyday needs emerging from the Southern Expressway, Noarlunga Hospital, and other suburban hubs
- Supplied and installed a mid-sized packaged enclosed generator system
- The PGS team worked with the construction and project management teams to deliver an integrated emergency power generator set for the site
- Modifications included facilities for load testing and ongoing systems testing
- The PGS team have committed to provide ongoing service and maintenance to the site to ensure maximum system reliability.
- A robust generator set that is ready to deliver back up power at any point in time for the Noarlunga Command Fire Station, especially in dire circumstances when critical service connectivity & operation is crucial.