As SA Health continue to support our regional health services, they have also continued to invest in infrastructure upgrades. Wallaroo Hospital, which provide emergency, acute inpatient care, surgical, maternal and neonatal, chemotherapy and outpatient services to people across Wallaroo, Moonta, Kadina and surrounding communities recently received infrastructure developments, including the installation of a new generator set and bulk fuel system, along with switchboards and associated infrastructure.
- As a working hospital that delivers 24/7 care to the surrounding townships, particular care had to be taken to minimise the impact of power cut-over to the new infrastructure & ensure back-up generator power was always available..
- Care was also required to minimise the noise and physical impact of generator & associated systems installation.
- The client specification also called for a 24hour continuous load test before placing the system into service
- Installation & commissioning of a 500kVA low noise generator set
- A supporting 4000 litre bulk fuel facility
- Dummy load bank integration, to assist with ongoing routine monthly generator testing
- Strategic planning and implementation to manage the old infrastructure – with careful bypassing in stages, to place the new equipment into service
- The coordination of multiple shifts of technicians to support the 24hour continuous reliability trial
- The PGS team working with the team from EDC successfully tested & integrated the new infrastructure without incident to provide this important rural health site with a reliable back-up power solution