Rejuvenating the Adelaide casino and evolving it into a premier casino and entertainment destination was a high priority for developers. Factoring in the historic surrounds of the Railway Station building, while integrating a new modern structure that would require reliable power 24/7 – beyond normal business hours was crucial, hence the inclusion of back-up generators into the plan.
- The location sits within a busy entertainment complex with regular pedestrian foot-traffic nearby and major road arteries that lead to the heart of the CBD
- Access for emergency power supply was limited along with suitable ventilation and safe discharge of exhaust gasses
- Operating noise was also a high design constraint + the need for safe on-site fuel storage
- PGS designed & installed a 1,100kVA low noise generating set that was nestled into the underground area of the site
- Engine hot air & exhaust gasses were ducted to atmosphere to provide a safe operating environment
- The uplift of this iconic entertainment complex is supported with reliable back-up power, regardless of power supply conditions or adverse weather events
- Onsite and surrounding site safety is supported by the choice in generator location and configuration