The Department of Primary Industries and Regions (PIRSA) protect our State from the risks posed by animal and plant pests and diseases, food borne illnesses, and misuse of rural chemicals. To enhance their power access for ongoing operations, they required an emergency power generation solution to support the Biosecurity division’s essential laboratories, refrigerated specimens and other services.
- Existing site restrictions due to infrastructure with limited space, and close proximity to residential areas
- A site-specific approach was required to design and install an integrated power generation system
- We worked with Spotless, to identify potential locations for the installation
- PGS designed and installed a 220kVA generator and integrated an Automatic Transfer Switch into the existing infrastructure, with minimal inconvenience to PIRSA’s site operations
- Working with the entire project team, we integrated an automatic power generation system to support the site
- The new emergency generator can now help to ensure the viability of valuable experiments undertaken, and specimens stored