Objective / Goals
- Redevelopment of the historic Adelaide GPO site see construction of a 16-floor commercial office space, retail precinct and carpark.
- A refurbishment of the historic Telephone Exchange Building will also be undertaken.
Problem / Issues
- Multiple tenants each with their own specific power requirements as well as supporting life safety and essential building services.
- Emergency power system to ensure continuity of supply to critical redundant client supply.
- Bulk fuel capacities for all equipment also required on site in a restricted space environment.
- Install a multiple tank, multiple compartment underground fuel system into tight confines complete with multiple redundant fuel transfer systems.
- Install 1x 660kVA and 2x 330kVA sound attenuated generators with provision for fourth set and dummy load bank.
- Underground fuel systems installed on time to meet strict project construction timelines and in budget.
- A power system that has been designed to support critical infrastructure with redundancy and essential building services.