When planning the location of their new control room, this major utilities provider selected a centralised CBD location, within an existing multi-storey building on a busy street.
Due to this new site being the ‘central nerve centre’ for the company, it was imperative that reliable permanent power was always accessible to support services.
- The generator required installation within an existing building, in a busy location – with minimal disruption to the project site and surrounding areas.
- The Power Generator Systems team strategised a retrofit to this existing multi-storey building, of a Kohler generator to support their new centralised control room
- PGS co-ordinated a multi-faceted crane lift for the machine & other items, then negotiated its manoeuvre into an existing plant room, 14 storeys up
- We added exhaust and ventilation facilities, to support generator operations when in use
- The company are now situated in their new CBD location, within a high-rise that has been retrofitted by PGS, to better support services, backed by continuous emergency power